Sunday, June 10, 2007

Music Review: The Motor Primitives

I just enjoyed and energetic set of music by the Motor Primitives down at Madison's Annual Lakefront festival. I really wasn't sure just what to expect, having heard one tinny track on my computer. All I'd heard was that their bass player could really rock.

The band looked like it wss having a lot of fun. The female lead singer was good, had the perfect voice for some of the songs, but got covered up by the intruments on others. Sound mixing issue? The guy on keyboards looked like he was having fun. The drummer was very capable.

The bass player was awesome. Nice hat. Never missed a beat. Excellent. (Can You say "eggamuffin"? Of course you can!) Sorry, private musician-type joke.

All in all, I highly recommend that you see this band.

1 comment:

Suzy said...

The bass player was kind of cute too. I wonder who he sleeps with ...