Tuesday, October 9, 2007

New Job Opportunities for Blackwater?

As I've read history, here and there over my life, it has become clear to me that once an army is created, it's darn hard to get rid of it.

Take the case of Blackwater, the "security firm" of mercenaries that were just asked to leave Iraq. Let's say they did leave, all 180,000 of the little warriors. That's more people than the US military.

So, where will they go? Afghanistan? Iran? Saudi Arabia? (just kidding!) The streets of Washington, DC. This administration has done just about everything criminal that you can do. Blackwater, a ready made secret police force. I find it a bit scary. Elections, who needs 'em?

2 comments:

Suzy said...

Oh my God, I hadn't even thought of that. And maybe for the next year they can do security details in our nation's schools.

Very scary thought.

poodledoc said...

They'd make great hall monitors.

Or they could patrol the borders. Or polling places. Or put an end to those pesky demonstrations.