Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Cubs Lose! Oh No!

Cub fans everywhere just shrug and shake their heads. We've seen it before. I won't bore you with the litany of baseball disasters the Cubs have demonstrated. I noticed my neighbors who, compared to me, are even bigger Cub fans. Last night, after the Cubs lost to the Florida Marlins, 4-2, I noted they were wearing black. Both were choking back tears. I did my best to be comforting, but it's hard to do with a with a nauseating rumbling in the pit in my stomach. Meanwhile, the Brewers beat the lowly Cardinals 9-1. The Cardinals have so many players injured, they are offering short-term contracts to high school players. Well, the Cubs still have a two game lead over the Brewers. For Cub fans it's a time of hope and...............agony. The horror, the horror.

No comments: