Sunday, August 26, 2007

God the Mosquito

Today in Meeting, God was like a mosquito, buzzing around. Definitely annoying me. Some would say this is not right. You're not supposed say funny or impolite things about God. Irreverant! But that's what was happening. The last time I was in Meeting, there was something that was coming in from God, a message. I was supposed to stand up and speak this message. I couldn't 'decode' what God was saying. I started twitching for a few seconds. Then all was still and I didn't have a clue. At least, that's what I told myself.

Today, God would not let the matter drop! God kept buzzing around inside. Very annoying. Or was that Poodledoc, Jr snoring next to me? No, definitely God. Drat! Alright, alright, what the heck am I supposed to say here, dude? You know what you need to say, was the answer from God. We wrestled for a bit. Back and forth. I resisted. God nudged, then pushed. But I dug in my spiritual heels. Me? Stand up and say what? You know what you need to say! It echoed around my head, down into my toes, out my nose. Still, I resisted. I said, look, God, I'm just not ready today. Really. Silence. Then a far off chuckle. You will be ready. Soon. Then the clerk broke silence and it was over. "Saved" by the bell. So, we'll see what happens next week. The fear is big.

2 comments:

Suzy said...

If young master Poodle Doc was snoring, it must have been that dreadful book he was reading that put him to sleep. Terry Pratchett forever!

poodledoc said...

He was so tired from his double sleepover that he would have fallen asleep EVEN IF he'd been reading TP.............