Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sometimes it takes a rainy day......

It's been raining for a couple of days. It's about 60 degrees. More rain on the way. Lots more. The Yahara River across the street is high, but I've lived here long enough now that I can say, "I've seen it higher". But today is a good rest day for me. I keep thinking of the Cris Williamson song with the line: "Sometimes it takes a rainy day, just to let you know, everything's gonna be........alright". That's how I feel today. Lot's of personal demons reared their ugly heads in the past week. The sleepover last night was fun, but I was tired this morning. So, I took a nap. Then up to read some more of the Kingsolver food book. Made some banana bread while listening to Simply Folk. In a while, I'll make some pesto and corn from the farm, plus a small salad, mostly from the farm. Hopefully, I can get Duke the Standard Poodle walked in between rain showers. But it's been a quiet day. Reconnecting with Spirit. Sometimes it takes a rainy day and some banana bread. I've needed this.

4 comments:

Suzy said...

Hey … It's raining here too. And I'm reading the Kingsolver book AND I ate banana bread while listening to Simply Folk yesterday. Coincidence? Or conspiracy … oooooooh.

Our basement is mildly flooded, by the way. But I was reading in the national news this morning that Vernon County (Gays Mills area) is having some serious flooding. I hope the feral pigs are OK.

poodledoc said...

Cospiracy, obviously. Later that evening, aliens landed on the grassy knoll in back of my house, told me 9/11 was planned by Rudy Guliani so he could look "presidential", then stole the rest of my banana bread.........it's a scary world we live in......the aliens also claimed they had abducted Utah Phillips back in the early 70's.......now I found THAT hard to believe...

Ed said...

Hey! It's raining here (Pittsburgh), too! I think it's following me. But I don't have any banananana bread. Or Simply Folk. Or Barbara Kingsolver. I guess 1 out of three isn't too bad (I'm not much nof a BK fan. We listened to her read one of her books on tape, and her reading voice drove me crazy. I can't read one of her books now without hearing that voice.)

How was the sleepover?

poodledoc said...

Yes, often it is a mistake, in my experience, for the author to read their stuff onto disk. The sleepover was fine. There was only one other boy. Not eight girls. I had it easy. We had pizza, they watched a movie with lots of pyrotechnics, we watched a few episodes of Scrubs and I went to bed. I really don't know if they slept at all. They claimed they did.....